Abidjan 15 December 2023– A ceremony for signing a partnership agreement between the Côte d’Ivoire Ministry of Women and Family and Children (MFFE) and the African Renaissance and Diaspora Network (ARDN) was held on Thursday, December 15, 2023 in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. The agreement is intended to accelerate the rollout of ARDN’s Campaign to Give a Red Card to Gender-based violence as entry point towards the attainment of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) by 2030.
The partnership was signed between Minister Nassénéba Touré and Dr. Djibril Diallo, President and CEO of the African Renaissance and Diaspora Network.
Welcoming the signature of the MOU, Minister Nasseneba Toure said “By signing this memorandum of understanding today, we are giving concrete content to the multi-stakeholder international commitment made during the official launch of the red card campaign, just 72 hours ago, right here in Abidjan”.
The MOU embraces the objectives of communication, resource mobilization and cooperation in support of the ministry’s agenda regarding achieving the SDGs, notably:
• Amplification of the Red Card Campaign;
• Multi-sectoral commitment of stakeholders towards SDG 5 to Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls;
• Promotion of cooperation between the African diaspora, the Afro-African community and Côte d’Ivoire;
• Contribution to local development through diplomacy between the local authorities of Côte d’Ivoire and those of the United States of America;
• Contribution to the development of higher education through areas of collaboration between American universities and Ivorian universities;
• Participation in projecting a strengthened image of Cote d’Ivoire, particularly with regard to gender-related subjects, thanks to the contribution of international media.
“I welcome this important agreement which formalizes and strengthens the relationship between the MFFE and ARDN. I look forward to continuing to build on our constructive cooperation with a view to accelerating the response to gender-based violence,” said Dr. Diallo.
The African Renaissance and Diaspora Network is an international NGO headquartered in New York with partnership agreements with several United Nations agencies.
Media contact: Mr Ibrahima Faye
WhatsApp: +221 77 653 73 51